Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ride Like a Pro with Flo

I have been back from Florida for 21 days. I was certified by motorman to be an instructor of Ride Like a Pro, and have the opportunity to be Canada's first franchise. I have alot of work ahead of me. First off I am practising my teaching techniques with friends who want to improve their riding skills.
I need to train and have at least 4 riders who are willing to do demos with me, to promote the Ride Like a Pro DVD's. I realize this will all take time. Especially because I am working also as a barber. Although being away for 6 months, there really isn't much of a job left to come back to, so I am taking this time to set up my shop as a little Ride Like a Pro outlet too.
Right now I am training 3 people after work hours. A husband and wife team whom have been riding along time. Dez, he has been riding 26 years and Wendy who has been riding 12 years. They both agreed they have room for improvement and are very motivated in doing so. I have probably spent 6 hours with Wendy now, and 2 with Dez. I see a huge improvement in Wendy as most importantly she doesn't have to duck walk her bike around to do a U-turn. Her stops are really smoothing out also. She rides a big bike, I believe it is a 1700 Victory. Dez rides a Harley Utra glide Classic, I believe.
In 2 hours with Dez, I believe he may be one of the best show material. He rides well, just needs to use his head and eyes more and he will be gliding through the exercises. It is a pleasure working with both of them.
Then there is Miss Annie...She has been riding 12 years too, and has major trouble looking where she wants to go. She seems to have the friction zone down, but.. those eyes!! She is full of determination and the desire to learn it, so she will. I will not give up on her. Today she has new highway bars on her bike, so I am really looking forward to her going to the parking lot and no fear of damaging her bike if it does drop..
I am filming it all, so I can put it on a DVD, and watch the improvements. I film the bad with the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment