Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday Night

Not much to write about today. It is Friday and I am home doing nothing.. I did go to the parking lot alone tonight for 15 minutes. Motorman says 15 minutes a week will do it.. Ha!! I have been known not to listen too well. I did get yelled at this week by yours truly, but to be honest with you, I think he would be proud of me even though he wouldn't say it. Specially if he was there.
Omg.. I do remember last year, when I was off in my own little world of RLAP after I had spent 5 days with the Motorman and Doc.. Crikey, I came home and rode circles after circles, until I drove everyone crazy around me.. Ha! even burned the clutch and brake out of the Queen. So.. I figure, I am doing pretty darn good by listening and not over practising. 15 minutes a week....What's that Motorman???
Now that I am paid for and signed up to go to Renton in September, I wanna get out there and practise more. But... I am listening and am going to take it easy and go kick some butt while I'm there..lmao.. I can just see it..
Who the hell is this old broad on her Queen, knows , how to lean already.. Knows that head and eye shit, and friction zone. They call it the GRAY area. I have read the site 47 times over.
I must not go in there and proudly say..Ahem, I am best Friends of the Palladinos...Do ya happen to know them ;) Ride Like a Pro!!

Today, this guy came in for a haircut, and of course they all come in and start on about the Queen and how nice she is. How long you been riding, bla bla bla. Normal stuff.. I tell them of my plan, my wishes to become Canada's first RLAP franchise, and start to explain a bit..
Of course he tells me he has been riding for 30 years.. Then I say.. okay so, then you got it all right, you know what I am say, you know all about the 3 most important techniques to handle your motorcycle, 100% in control. Well ya lady, I would sure think so.. Ya drive like everyone is out ta kill ya...
I get a little smirk on my face, cuz you bet I do.. But what are the 3 techniques?? Think about the bike itself too.. They are so totally interested, and then I tell them to buy a DVD to find out.. with a chuckle of course. I do explain the 3 techniques, and believe me... I so know how to say it..
There is a piece of paper in each bathroom, beside the stove, in the garage, and on the kitchen table, in my saddle bags,and beside my computer..
That's for you Motorman. Every time, I get a chance, I am reading the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment