Monday, October 12, 2009

Makes Money seem pointless!!!

So.. I thanked Harris for his booklet and all the free information, told him that I liked the idea to
"picture a rider a few seconds ahead of you in the exercise" Follow another rider.. I have been trying that with Vgirl, and it does work. But so far we haven't gotten that far in the 12ft biatch!
Jokingly, I said to him... I want to ride better than boys he said
Flo, I definitely agree you ride "better than the boys" anywhere.
Despite my nit-picking, it's clear you ride quite well,and you're putting the concepts into practice very successfully... Harris
We emailed each other back and forth all afternoon, and I felt like I was taking up his time, and asked him what he got out of giving away a free booklet and answering endless emails.. His reponse was...
What do I get from it?
Well, a couple of times a year - out of the blue - I'll get an e-mail. It will say something like:"I was at a stop light today, and because I'd read your booklet, I was set up correctly and watching my mirrors. I saw a pick-up coming fast, and realized he wasn't going to stop. I knew what to do and got out of the way. The truck hit the car that had been in front of me". "
I was at a bike event. I made what I thought was a simple "U" turn. Two guys asked me if I was a cop, and said 'only a cop can ride a motorcycle like that'. Thanks
"Beyond that, I have people all over the country, and even the world, that I consider friends. People who I've met because of the booklet, and have since met in person and ridden with. People I know ride well. That's what I get out of it. Makes money seem pointless, don't you think?
Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment