Monday, October 12, 2009

More Advice from Harris

I just took a quick look at your blog, and noticed something, that is a recurring problem with some of the guys I work with. You mention having difficulty with a pattern because of cones, vs. less cones. Two guys in our group had the same issue, as they had been using small cones, and then had a heck of a time transitioning to regular ones. If that is a problem, check your head and eyes. What's causing it is looking at points, rather than across them. A common way that riders learn patterns is "I enter and ride to here, then I ride to there, then I ride to the next spot, and then I ride out".
That WILL get you through the pattern, but it takes away from your ability to adapt to a changing situation, such as riding through a crowd of people, or getting in and out of a busy gas station. If you keep your focus above the pattern, looking across (over) where you want to go, the size of the cones, or the presence or absence of cones will cease to be an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment