Monday, July 20, 2009

Fallen sister.

It was another wonderful weekend in the riding community as far as friends and weather go.
The sad news is we lost a new friend and sister on the Island. That is Vera on the right
We rode with her last weekend to Woss. I remember our conversations vividly. She had only taken up riding again recently and told me she new she needed some work on her skills. Of course I stepped in and told her if she bought a DVD's watched it...I would then show her how to use it.
I took her aside at one point when I see her almost drop her bike in the gas station with her bars turned using the front brake. She was so thankful that I told her never to use the front brake when the bars were turned. She then said, now that explains why I dropped my bike yesterday. She was to come to the parking lot soon with her friend, now unfortunately it is too late.
We are planning a ride for Vera, she will be sadly missed. Please be careful everyone. If you haven't invested in the RLAP DVD, its time!! This is the second horrid accident this week in our community. Practising those skills is so important!!

No comments:

Post a Comment