Saturday, July 4, 2009

Robo in the parking lot with me.

Robo met me in the parking lot and we practised a fair bit the 12ft offset. I didn't feel quite so bad as I watched him knock a couple cones down himself. You see that proves even the pros need practise.
I was riding the Electra Glide police bike. I had not riden it since the end of the Conga, so it has been a month. I tell you, that extra hight and weight when my feet don't reach , I truly find harder when coming to a stop. Of course riding it, the extra height is good as I am a scraper.
I mastered the 180 turn a couple of times, but that is off to the left. Going right is much harder and I always seem, that I have to straighten the bars a little. I have to say though it is coming, and I don't have to sit and think about it as long as normal before doing it.
He told me he was very impressed with my skills and if I was to go take the police course, I would already be better than 90% of them.
I believe the Motorman is so hard on me, or should I say not so generous with the complements as he really wants me to get it.. That is a little of the negative way of teaching. Which I have to say, it does work, as I am trying so hard. The odd completment, keeps you going to make you feel like you are getting somewhere.
A couple girls friends came along while we were out there and I did know they were coming as I was to work with them a bit. There is one gal, that I am secretly training to RLAP. She is the oldest female rider in our group of friends and has a few habits to brake, like duck walking,and that is only cuz she didn't know the friction zone. She picked it up really fast I might add. I don't think this is going to take as long as I thought. A little more work on the head and eyes to take away here fear and it will all be good, we can throw the lean in.
Robo hung around helping me with the gals, which was really nice of him. I know he enjoys it as much as I do.. I got to get this going for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment