Thursday, July 16, 2009

On the positive side!

Forgot to mention I had the pleasure of spending time in the parking lot withour local retired motorcop Dave Hay. What an honor that he would do that for me.
He knows that I have my goals set to improve on a couple exercises and eventually one day become an instructor here for RLAP. There is no room for errors.
He told me I was doing fantastic and could probably outride 90% of the guys going into take the police officers course and that is it brutal.
Being that he does just that, I will get the opportunity to do it with Dave. He is going to set the Motor officers course up for me and practise. I accomplished the 180 left hand turn a couple times and the 12ft off set, although that one is so very difficult for me.
I am going to watch the dvd 47 times over to get it.What he also said for all that I need, I will never be teaching that part anyway but knowing how to do it does say, I know what I am doing. Dave hung around and helped me with a couple girlfriends in the lot that came by to learn a little. Like that dang ol friction zone. They don't calll me Friction Zone Flo for nothing, that I struggled for along time, and still do at times.
I have signed up to take Dave's advanced course Aug 2. I really look forward to it, and if I could I would go to the one in Seattle, which is 5 days 8 hours a day. Trouble is I would not only have to pay for the course, loose a weeks work, and pay for accomodations.. Hmmm, very tempting to say the least!

No comments:

Post a Comment