Sunday, September 13, 2009

My Comments on the School

This is Zsolt and Robert, Zolt used to own the business, he is a retired cop, and Robert was one of their students a while back. Great guys, very gentle and encouraging and explain things to a tee, that Zsolt does.. It's got to be a Cop thing.
Zsolt.. funny name, funny man, good sense of humor.
Here we have Ed Melroy, the owner operator of Northwest Motorcycle School
Great instructor, good sense of humor and handles stuff fabulously when he gets run over by a rider...lol.. sorry, I still have that memory fresh in my mind.
If someone were to ask me about this school, this is what I would say.
This school is awesome. I remember writing Ed Melroy inquiring. I told him I was fairly advanced, and was it going to be of any benefit to me. He assured, me he thought it was, even though I had taken training down in Florida from Ride Like a Pro. This is a 4 hour class, have done it twice, with extra training on the side. Helping Motorman in class, and I also practise at home and thought I was getting pretty good.
My expectations were, that I would learn to tighten up a little more in the skills with this amount of hours. The school and my mentor convinced me into using their bikes which was considerable amount of money I thought at first to use mine. Now I see why. They are being dropped continualy and of course the clutch and rear brake.
They are awesome instructors with patience of a saint, not afraid to give praise when praise is due. Heck all I provided was the time and the money and myself of commitment. I chose this school as it was recommended highly by Ride Like a Pro, my mentor, whom I took my first training from, as he knew I had set high goals for myself, and secretly I want him to be proud. I want him to say "Good Job Flo, I'm proud of you"
I attended another private one from a retired cop where I live, it was good, but it was not challenging enough for me.
NWMS, is advanced.. it's all it says it is.. They get us right at things, and have us riding like in the real world when obstacles come in your way. The money seemed a bit steep at first, but only because of my pocket book. I am convinced, it is worth every single penny. And if you do take it, do yourself a favor and use their bike, don't even consider for one moment using yours. Why would you??
I am in the class right now a woman of 54 years old, been riding 4 years, their are 6 other men, in the class. They are in shock of their riding skills. But in 2 days, the improvement is incredible, so just imagine in 2 more days. I will have to report back.
If I could suggest on thing to change the school, would be to yell at us more, reminding us where and where to look and yell clutch.. dont put your foot down.. We are under stress and forget what we need to do. I'm sure after 10 hours they would have no throat left. I guess there is a reason for it.
Seriously, it is awesome and I cant wait to get back at it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment