Monday, September 28, 2009

RLAP Chicks


We had a great day in the parking lot on saturday after work. There was Vgirl-Pinkat-Fancypants- Me and our Cabana Boy Ram.
Pinkat got some good practising in as she goes to do her road test this week. She is the gal I taught to ride on Stinky Pinky last year. I was a little harder on everyone this time after the Renton Course, I set up the cones. The dreaded cones!! Like I have said, there is a huge difference in weaving in and out of cones as to riding inside them. You must enter properly or you cut yourself short and can clear the whole circle of cones. Which of course did happen the first few times.
It was my first time of doing the cones on my bike and I was nervous. I wasn't so bad after all, it took me a couple goes and then it was good to go.
Vgirl sitting back with a little bit of a pout on her face sitting their on her humungous Valkyrie.. I asked her if she was going to try it and she said no. WHAAT?? I obviously had way more faith in her than she did.. She aced it!!
We also did the circle with a weave. The Texas star, weaving in and out. I will be sure to video that. Again, quick snaps left and right, and be sure too look 3 cones ahead or you WILL NOT get it!!
Miss Fancypants got out and did some cone weave and follow the leader. She is a little unsteady, but later when I got on her bike realized why. It is like she has ape hangers, and the riser needs to go.
Fun was had by all, we spent a good 2 hours. Of course I could have gone till dark, but must remember, not everyone feels the same. I was happy to have the company and gave everyone a RLAP hat that came.
Jippo had come earlier but we hadn't got there yet, and he said the parking lot was totally covered in leaves. It's a good thing the wind picked up and swept the leaves away.

No comments:

Post a Comment