Saturday, September 12, 2009

Thoughts in the morning of Day 2

Now that I have all the bad things out of the way, oh, ya one more, they say it gets worse today. Soltz (sp) said we would be dreaming cones and I was. I was awake at 4 am, trying to force myself to go back to sleep but no can do. I was riding through cones all night long. It was like I was doing the 3 RLAP course in one day at 100 degree temp.
I’m feeling real bad cuz I can’t get on the in the internet as I know some folk are waiting to hear how it is going. I am pretty good at posting so some may be worried and all, that something happened, and it darn well could have.
I have seen bikes going down time after time. I see everyone struggling. I want to yell SNAP YOUR HEAD. I can’t though, but it’s hard to fight back sometimes. Most of the time, I am just so concerned about me and if I can make it.
These are 20 ft intersection, which of course we know we can make it, but put up a damn cone, and a curb!! Not saying I didn’t make it, but I was not perfect like okay maybe I thought I was going to be. I found myself stressed not relaxed and kept forgetting to relax my shoulders.
I don’t know how many times, I have heard Motorman on my shoulder.. You know the techniques use them. And it does help. Then I hear Soltz saying.. Like dancing with an Angel, and when I think that, I think …relax your shoulders
There is this one exercise, I think its called BROKEN DOG LEG!! What a BITCH that is… I’m not kidding, it is an enter, and quick exit…CRACK! Transition to the right and out. Took us many attempts to not knock over or knick a cone. I remember at one point…I said, shit… I’m starting to loose it…Flo…ya never had it!! Came the words of another shall we say Rotter. Every time he comes by me, I knock over a cone. But he does keep telling me, he is going to make a Star outa me. He told me, he was very impressed and by the end of this I will be DANCING LIKE AN ANGEL.
I LIKE THE SOUNDS OF THAT!
We did figure 8’s with proper entry and exit, at 20ft. The key hole and there certainly is a trick to that, if you don’t turn the key right,, you don’t’ get out right that’s for sure. I got it almost every time. The figure 8 came easy. The first time, I did it..I heard him say… Go Flo, looking good, I can see you have done this before. Soon we will have you dancing like an angel.. LOL, and I thought I was.
Of course I lost the Zone a few times in the real tight ones., but the over revving of the engine soon reminds you. We did off set cone weave but I need to cut it down a little more that’s all. Off set cone weave, straight up just bending the bars, to get by the cone not leaning. The dreaded BROKEN DOG Leg, where I will admit, I almost broke my bone at the end of the class on the Queen. Just had to try it!! Down I went, and here I thought I was well over dropping the Queen Thanks Motorman for yelling at me and telling me, no. I will not try these exercises any more, until the last day on the Queen.
NEVER NEVER think there is not room for improvement. Not that I didn’t know there was room, but holy crap.. This is an awesome course with awesome teachers, and I tell you, more people should take it.
Back to what we were doing the left and right hand stop from a dead stop. Okay, I practice that at home. Thought I had it.. I did, until yesterday. We are all lined up in a straight row, FACING A CURB. Yup, we got a few feet ahead of us, so if you don’t do it right into the curb you go. We all come back line up and go the other way, one at a times. Make sure you turn your handle bars so the guy beside you can get by easier. Watch out for the guy beside you. He may clip you.. Or even run you over some where at some time of day. I managed to do it it, but it is different when you are all alone in a parking lot with 9 other bikes. I made it, but lets just say it needs some smoothing out.
I saw one of the instructors get run over pretty good let me tell ya. This fella has dropped his bike numerous times. He is however a trooper and throws the embarrassment away, and says.. I’m in it for the long haul!!
To me it is quite amazing being here with all these men, and hearing them, and seeing them struggle in so many areas. Admitting it even, and I think it is so awesome that they are not bothered by me. Every one has told me I was a good rider. So of course, I tell them a little about RLAP and that is why, because I practice and should be better than I am.
We were doing follow the leader in a very tight spot, it was incredible really, between a fence and a brick wall. There were no incidents. They told us we are a very fast moving class, one of the best he has had, so if that is on the first day, I can’t wait till the second.
Which is today, my leg is hurting a bit and it was hard to get my boot on, but nothing I can’t handle. I’m hoping buddy, can’t remember his name, is feeling okay today after all his spills. Okay off to play with the boys.
Going Dancing like an angel!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Name Address 1 Address 2 Address 3 Phone Email

No comments:

Post a Comment