Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Rob in the parkinglot

I managed to get my man out to the parking lot for the second time. I don't want to push him so we went back on the slow cone weave. Now the night before, he was doing great at the 12ft. I asked him if he wanted to go back to 14 ft to warm up first or go to the 12ft. He chose the 12 ft. The only difference was, my cones were taller. I realized, as I was putting them now... bigger cones, more to look at. I warned him, it was probably going to be harder to do, even tho the cones were the same distance, it would be harder to not use your instincts and look at them. I don't think he believed me, just shook his head and proceeded to play bowling...lol
Those are the Motorman's words not mine.. this is not bowling, you are not suppose to aim for each one. I darn't say that to Rob. I could see how frustrated he was so I moved them back to 14ft. The last thing I want to do is scare him away from playing in the parking lot with me. I know how difficult it is for him or any guy really to have a woman coach them in a sport that is masculine primarily.
The rest of the time went well, I don't have to yell SNAP, as he can't hear me any way. I will coach the way he wants, not the way I was taught as I have to do what ever it takes to keep him there with me a while longer. I totally see a 100% change in a short time. He also admitted he has much more confidence in the slow maneuvers. Especially his u-turns have tightened right up.

No comments:

Post a Comment